Hi lovelies! Apologies for being away from the blog for a few days but I’ve been struggling with a case of writer’s block and just being generally a little unorganised. So a huge thank you to the lovely Ella for nominating me for this award and providing me with an opportunity to share a post with you all! You can find her post here along with many other beautifully written ones.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them, providing a link to the post you created.
How my blog started
Although my blog has only been around for a few months, it feels like it has been part of my life forever. It might sound a little over the top to say this, but I do genuinely feel like this is what I am supposed to be doing! For so long, I struggled with finding a path that I was happy to pursue, one that I wouldn’t get bored quickly. I usually flip flop between things and I think it genuinely worried my parents for a while haha. Blogging has given me an unexpected determination to succeed in something. However, also like Ella, I wanted to be part of a friendly and supportive community, and get the chance to become friends with other bloggers who share a similar interest!
Advice to new bloggers
Along the way, I have picked up some wonderful tips from other lovely bloggers, but I think my top two pieces of advice would be:
- Don’t worry too much about your niche when starting out. It’s something that will come naturally the more you post and figure out what you and your readers enjoy the most. Obviously it’s nice to have some kind of idea of where you would like your blog to go, but the best thing to do is to just get started and see where it takes you!
- Interacting with your readers and other bloggers is the best way for your blog to grow naturally. Not only that, but you end up with some lovely blossoming friendships! As soon as I started getting involved in Twitter chats and making the effort to comment on other blogs more, or even chiming in with a reply to a tweet, I started to see a big difference in the level of engagement on my own blog. One of the best things about blogging is how supportive we are of each other!
Like Ella, I’m also nominating 10 as this is quite a popular tag. Apologies if you have already done this tag and I missed it!
Can you suggest any other pieces of advice you’d give to someone just starting out with blogging?